Wellness lies Within
HEALTH & WELLNESS COACHING PAST YOUR CHALLENGES
"... genuine passion for movement..."
"... exploring the beauty of
Besides being a Swedish Dance Coach, Personal Trainer, Barre and Pilates Mat Instructor, living in Virginia, USA, I am a Certified Professional Coach (CPC) & Energy Leadership Index Master Practitioner (ELI-MP) – specializing in Health & Wellness Coaching & Training Past Your Challenges.
"I WILL TRAIN YOUR BODY AND COACH YOUR MIND!"
For more than 30 years, my life was all about professionally performing and teaching dance while fighting various medical problems. This period of my life instilled in me a genuine passion for movement and a sincere appreciation of what body and mind can accomplish despite hardships. As my problems hindered me from continuing on this path, I redirected my skills to Personal Training and Pilates. The aptitude for leading myself and others and, above all, the heartfelt joy I found in connecting with people made the choice of a coaching career a natural stepping stone.
If my professional background has taught me that "the show must go on", my medical history has illuminated the power of humility and resilience – to be thankful for each day, and to adapt to change. When one is faced with such life-changing events like new diagnoses, it is not uncommon to ask: “Why me; why now?” I chose to ask: “How?” How can I move past my challenges? How can I reduce my stress to let go and not let my problems define me? How can I increase my energy to move on? How can I not only feel well, but be well?
I found the answers within a corner of my heart from where I gather strength and compassion to define who I am - mother, wife, companion, artist, coach, trainer, and a patient. Every day I practice self-care and nurture my soul with a mix of bliss and peace. It can be the smallest of joys such as having a latte with a friend or as grand as exploring the beauty of Mother Nature.
I truly believe that Wellness lies Within and that you can be well even if you are not feeling well. If you want to learn how to:
- nurture your soul with your mix of bliss and peace
- practice self-care on a day to day basis
- gather strength and compassion to define who you are
- increase your energy and reduce your stress
- enhance humility and resilience to move past your challenges
I am here for you. For more information about my Wellness lies Within Health & Wellness Coaching Programs and my Personal Training and Dance Programs, please visit Services.
My Experience - from hair to coaching
- Event Center Manager at Embassy of Sweden as of Jan. 2020
- Certified Professional Coach (CPC) & Energy Leadership Index Master Practitioner (ELI-MP) -- Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching (iPEC), USA
- Certified Personal Trainer -- American College of Sports & Medicine (ACSM), USA
- Barre Instructor -- based on BFA in Dance & Dance Education
- Pilates Mat Instructor -- Balanced Body, USA
- Personal Trainer and Pilates Mat Instructor in home studio, USA
- Dancer, Dance Teacher & Coach (BFA in Flamenco and Modern Dance and Dance Education) -- University of Dance, Sweden
- Dance Teacher & Coach in home studios, Sweden & USA
- Founder, Director & Choregrapher of Ulrika Frank Flamenco Productions, Sweden & USA; Perla Flamenca Dance Company, Atlanta, GA, USA; Mirada Flamenca Dance Company, DC, USA
- Dance Instructor at University of Dance, DansCompagniet, and The Ballet Academy, Sweden; Atlanta Ballet, GA, DC Dance Collective, DC, and Joy of Motion Dance Center, MD, USA etc.
- Certified Hair Stylist, Sweden (Yes, that was my first dream job!)
My Challenges - from stomach to joints
- Eosinophilic asthma due to scleroderma lung issues
- Frequent bronchitis and bronchospasms
- Hernia repair surgery in stomach due to various surgeries
- Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth due to scleroderma
- Hyperinflated lungs due to intrinsic asthma
- Dilation of esophagus due to scleroderma
- Vasculopathy - vascular abnormalities in blood vessels
- Botox injections in the esophagus
- Hypercontractile esophagus - esophageal motility disorder
- BPPV - benign paryxosmal positional vertigo
- Viral meningitis - increased risk with scleroderma
- Mitral valve prolapse
- Intrinsic asthma due to scleroderma
- Impaired lung diffusion capacity due to scleroderma
- Pyloryplasty surgery: severe gastroparesis
- Total hysterectomy: severe adenomyosis & endometriosis
- Primary osteoarthritis: hip - hip replacement/abductor repair
- Slow transit: colon - sacral neuromodulation/portacathe/total colectomy/temporary ileostomy/stoma reversal/reconnection
- Gallbladder disease - cholecystectomy
- Various botox injections in the pylory canal for gastroparesis
- Gastroparesis - delayed emptying of stomach
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Scleroderma/Systemic Sclerosis -- joint pain/digestive issues etc.
- Deep Venous Insufficiency - damaged valve in deep vein
- Deep Venous Thrombosis: arm & leg
- Hereditary Angioedema - laryngeal edemas
- Degenerative discs: cervical and lumbar
- Chondromalacia Patella - cartilage removal
- Crohn's disease - inflammatory bowel disease